You have questions, and we have tried our best to answer them. The following F.A.Q. page is compiled from previous years' festivals. We’re providing these as “guides” to help you navigate your Green River experience, but all policies are subject to change. Please check back to the website regularly for any updates. If there is a question you have that is not answered below or elsewhere, feel free to contact us on our contact page.
When may I apply?
Applications to join the volunteer team for Green River Festival are available now. Decisions will be made starting April 1st until all positions are filled.
Have you volunteered with us before? Please be patient, as you will receive an email from our volunteer coordinator.
If you haven't volunteered with us before, please FILL OUT THIS VOLUNTEER APPLICATION.
*PLEASE ONLY FILL OUT NEW VOLUNTEERS APPLICATION IF YOU HAVE NEVER VOLUNTEERED AT GRF BEFORE*
What do I need to do to apply to be a volunteer at Green River Festival?
Please fill out the application above or click here.
What kinds of responsibilities are required of volunteer team members?
Volunteer positions vary and by applying to volunteer, you are accepting and willing to be placed wherever you are needed.
How old do I need to be to volunteer?
Volunteers must be 18 years-old or older unless accompanied by a parent or guardian.
What positions are available?
- Beer Tokens/ID Check/Merchandise (Sells merch and beer tokens)
- Front Gate (Scans tickets at festival entrance)
- On-Site Parking (Works at the on-site parking lots directing traffic and monitoring occupancy)
- Off-Site Parking (Works at the satellite parking site directing traffic)
- Volunteer Parking (Checks off volunteers as they come to park)
- Lower Gate (Oversees vehicle entrance/exiting at the lower field entrance)
- Information Tent/Volunteer Check-In
- GCC Drive (Directs traffic on GCC drive)
- Go-To Volunteers ('On-call' volunteers sent where needed)
- Recycling/composting (Collecting and sorting festival recycling and compost)
- Shuttles (Assisting with lines and getting festival goers on/off shuttles)
- Camping (Assists with camper check-in/check-out during high traffic times)
- Hospitality (Assisting with food preparations and artist rider requests)
*positions have been filled
What do I get in return for volunteering? (These could be slightly different for 2017)
For one, you get the wonderful experiencing of working with a music-loving community. You also get the following based on where, when and what you do:
- All volunteers (minus off-site parking + recycling/composting): one (1) day pass for the day of volunteering and parking on that day.
**If you work on Thursday and/or Monday, you get a one-day pass to the day of your choice**
- Off-site parking + Recycling/Composting volunteers: Weekend pass for one (1) shift, and parking for the day of volunteering
- Camping: access to camping for the whole weekend (Thurs-Mon) -- must either purchase a pass to the festival or complete a volunteer shift at the festival to get a festival pass.
Question not answered above? Email firstname.lastname@example.org